Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2006

Elizabeth..


I like Elizabeth Mitchell a lot. My heart broke when Dr Kim Legaspi never made it back to ER's Season 8. For a while, I totally blamed Kerry, hated Romano.. and even boycotted ER for a while, lol.

Meanwhile, I searched intensively for Elizabeth's other projects, and managed to lay hands on episodes of CSI, Law & Order: SVU, Jag, Everwood, Boston Legal and some others in which she guest-starred. Her movie credits included Frequency, Double Bang, Santa Clause 2, recently-released Running Scared, etc. Elizabeth is also poised to continue her role as Mrs Santa Clause in Santa Clause 3 which is due for release this year-end.



After ER, my thirst to seeing her onscreen was temporarily quenched when she was casted as Ariel Saxon in The Lyon's Den which also starred Rob Lowe. However, my happiness was short-lived as the show was axed only after airing six episodes.



To this day, I still like Elizabeth best as Dr Kim Legaspi. I think she looks gorgeous in the series. My eyes would always be glued to the tv set whenever Kim appeared on-screen. Gia is a great film to watch too. The intense chemistry between Gia and Linda is simply sizzling and I have to admit I love their love-making scenes. The heartwarming "Mr and Mrs Doodiekins" scenes that took place when Gia attempted to give up modeling and go into rehab at Philadelphia with Linda by her side are one of my favorites.


But as much as Gia is a terrific film, I think those of you who have watched it will agree with me that it is also a very painful show to watch. I've only watched Gia from beginning to end twice, and both times, I ended up with red swollen eyes and nose. The storyline is simply too tragic for me to attempt a third time without feeling depressed for the rest of the day, so now I'm reduced to watching selected parts of the movie only. And not without a cringe either.



No comments:

Post a Comment