Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2006

Elizabeth Mitchell


The first lesbian movie I watched was Gia, a heart-wrenching true story about the phenomenal but short life of supermodel Gia Marie Carangi (played by the gorgeous and sexy Angelina Jolie). The first lesbian character that I fell in love with wasn't Gia herself, but rather, it was the pretty make-up artist Linda and Gia's love interest in the movie who was personified by Elizabeth Mitchell.

Maybe it was Linda's shyness..her unsureness.. her hesitance towards Gia, but Elizabeth did a wonderful portrayal of Linda's emotions and I was completely captivated by her. Angelina Jolie was outstanding as Gia in the movie and indeed, she won a Golden Globe for her portrayal, but it was Elizabeth Mitchell who completely swept me off my feet.



I went on to dig out what other projects Elizabeth did.. and I found Dr. Kim Legaspi in ER's Season 7 who was romantically linked to the authoritative Dr Kerry Weaver (played by Laura Innes). And I fell more in love with Elizabeth than I did the first time round.

So the very first celebrity I will be featuring on my blog will be Elizabeth Mitchell who is heterosexual and currently married in real life, but who has portrayed lesbian characters on tv and on film outstandingly.

More information about Elizabeth Mitchell can be found at Elizabeth Mitchell Central.


No comments:

Post a Comment