Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Ally And Ling..


I enjoyed Ally McBeal pretty much when it was still airing. But I didn't watch every episode faithfully, only as and when I was able to catch it. And this episode that had Ling (played by Lucy Liu) dreaming about kissing Ally (Calista Flockhart) was definitely one of the more memorable episodes for me.

Well, actually I don't exactly love everything about the episode. I dislike the parts where Richard dished out his homophobic view on two men kissing and what-nots.. and I don't exactly enjoy the bits where Ling and Ally reiterated about the importance of having a penis in the kind of relationship they were looking for and that a relationship with a woman certainly would not give them that. Granted they were both trying to convince themselves and each other that they weren't gay, but at times I feel they were both trying too hard.. to the point that it gets a little offensive.



But well, I thoroughly enjoy it when Ling took it to Ally all the time thru'out the whole episode.. how she walked straight into Ally's office after the meeting and blatantly invited Ally out for a dinner date to "get to know each other better".. how she actually took the initiative and planted a surprise good-night-and-goodbye kiss on Ally's cheek outside Ally's apartment before strutting off confidently and then turning back with a smile as she walked off.. how she would pop up again in Ally's office the next day to take care of "unfinished business" from last night and then, finally again at the library to seek closure for the whole incident.

I find Ling's assertive and commanding attitude in handling this whole episode both hot and amusing. It cracks me up everytime Ling was able to catch Ally unawares and Ally would almost alwasy end up fumbling or mumbling and falling back out of her chair even. Call her bitchy or whatever, but Ling's "deemed bitchy" traits simply shine when she displays her assertiveness over Ally in this episode and I find that very attractive.

It's a pity there wasn't any follow-up in later episodes to the lingering look and smile Ally and Ling exchanged towards the end when Ling was dancing in Richard's arms. It would have been fun to see where it would lead to.. :p


tags : | | | | | | | | | |

No comments:

Post a Comment